The Villnöss Valley
Our valley offers a wide range of sports and leisure time opportunities far away from mass tourism. Its greatest assets are the unspoilt natural surroundings and the oxygen rich air whose quality stems from the extensive forests in the valley.
Here are a few leisure tips:
- Well developed hiking and themed trails through the valley, but also challenging mountain tracks and fixed rope climbing routes on the Peitlerkofel, the Geisler and the surrounding Dolomites.
- Puez-Geisler Nature Park
- Nordic Walking on the 9 marked routes covering 60 km throughout the Villnöss Valley
- Mountain biking/cycling on the surrounding alps
- Ski resort for the whole family in St.Magdalena/Villnöss with children’s park, ski rental, ski- and snowboard courses organised by the local ski school.
- Plose skiing area near Brixen, 20 minutes by car: www.plose.org
- Val Gardena ski resort with Sella Ronda, 45 minutes by car: www.dolomitisuperski.com
- Snowshoe excursions across the Puez-Geisler Nature Park; the Tourism Association (www.villnoess.info) offers guided tours.
- Ski tours
- Cross-country skiing on the 26-km slope in Villnöss or at the cross-country centre Würzjoch
- Tobogganing is a superb experience on the many different runs in Villnöss, and you can combine your sport with visits to the comfortable rustic huts for refreshment.
- Ice skating in St. Peter (with skate rental) and in Teis
- Traditional festivities and farmer’s markets, up-to-date information at: www.villnoess.info
- Mineral Museum in Teis / Villnöss, open from March to November, House of Associations: www.mineralienmuseum-teis.it
- Traditional sheep's wool production "Naturwoll"
in St. Valentin/Villnöss: www.naturwoll-shop.com
- Trips and visits to the old towns of Bozen, Brixen or Klausen
- Archaeological Museum in Bozen with the Ötzi: www.iceman.it